Housed at the Texas Association of Community Colleges and operated through the Texas Community College Education Initiative, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the Texas Success Center supports the community college districts in Texas to redesign the student experience through Texas Pathways.
What is Texas Pathways?
- A strategic plan to support community colleges to build capacity to implement structured academic and career pathways at scale for all students
- A comprehensive, statewide five-year strategy with four components:
- Texas Pathways Institutes
- Board of Trustees Institutes
- Regional engagement
- Knowledge development
- A research-based strategy built upon the foundation of the American Association of Community Colleges’ Pathways Project
- A student success framework to support colleges to clarify paths to student end goals, help students choose and enter a pathway, help students stay on their pathway, and ensure students are learning.
- An integrated, system-wide approach to student success that guides students from the selection of their high school endorsement through postsecondary education to attainment of high-quality credentials and careers with value in the labor market.