upcoming trustee leadership seminars
CCATT looks forward to hosting Trustee Leadership Seminars in each of the six TACC regions, with a special focus on best practices for data-informed governance as it relates to student engagement and regional workforce needs. These leadership seminars are open to any trustee from around the state but will be located at colleges in each region to mitigate travel barriers. Many seminars will have hybrid attendance options, but we encourage you to attend the seminar in your region in-person!
Mark your calendars, register, and join us:
- November 10, 2023 - Hosted at San Jacinto College - Click here to register
- March 22, 2024 - Hosted at Odessa College
- April 26, 2024 - Hosted at Kilgore College
- May 31, 2024 - Hosted at Temple College
- June 27, 2024 - Hosted at North Central Texas College
CCATT Trustee leadership seminar - Alamo colleges, December 6, 2019
Presentations from the Trustee Leadership Seminar at Alamo Colleges:
CCATT Trustee leadership seminar - Weatherford college, july 10, 2019
Presentations from the Trustee Leadership Seminar at Weatherford College:
- Review of 86Th Legislature - State Representative Chris Turner
- College Accountability and Accreditation – Dr. Johnette McKown
- Presidential Succession Planning – Dr. Steve McCleery
- College Data Walk and Strategic Planning for Board Members – Dr. Rose Martinez and Dr. Cynthia Ferrell
CCATT provides relevant professional education programs with the goal of fostering a cadre of highly effective and knowledgeable trustees who have the latest information and research on exemplary community college practices and programs. We work in partnership with the Texas Association of Community Colleges (TACC), Texas Community College Teachers Association (TCCTA), Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
We offer the following options to our members to engage in professional development:
CCATT is a premier source for community college governance training and research. We provide essential tools and strategies necessary to engage in effective board practice and leadership. Topics may include chair leadership, board governance, fiduciary responsibilities, risk management president succession planning, campus safety and more.
CCATT prepares and enables its members to be knowledgeable, trusted and successful advocates for the most pertinent and pressing policy issues on behalf of their institutions and students. We work jointly and collaboratively with TACC and TCCTA to develop a unified policy message and priorities. Our CCATT Legislative Committee leads this important work.