The Texas Success Center (TSC) was selected in a national competitive process to partner with the National Center for Inquiry and Improvement (NCII) and the Aspen Institute for Community College Excellence to spearhead a leadership development program. The program is for nominated Texas community college faculty, staff, and administrators (below the vice president level) with clear leadership potential and interest in advancing within the college and the field. This project is designed to build a pipeline of mid-level community college leaders with the requisite knowledge and skills to support the adoption of institutional reforms. This one-year leadership development program experience will “build the bench” of diverse Pathways-skilled, mid-level leaders with a solid foundational understanding of critical student success and change management concepts.
Cohort 1 Timeline and Expectations
The participants will gather eight times over a 12-month period starting in July 2023. These gatherings will be in-person workshops in Austin in July 2023 and July 2024, two in-person workshops in conjunction with the Pathways institutes in November 2023 and April 2024 and virtual webinars (September, October, February and March). In addition to the in-person sessions, participants will work as part of a team on a “Pathways Project” throughout the course of the Leadership Academy. There will be time for teams to advance their work at the in-person sessions, but work outside these sessions may also be required.
Every nominated Student Success Fellows is expected to:
- Attend and actively participate in all TSC Leadership Academy sessions/activities, including scheduled orientations and preview webinars before each session.
- Complete all pre-work and readings prior to all sessions.
- Apply lessons learned formally through the Leadership Academy “Pathways Project” and informally through day-to-day actions at their home college.
- Serve as ambassadors and contributors for future TSC Leadership Academy cohorts.
- Regularly connect with their home college’s Leadership Academy Champion between sessions of the program.
- Participate in voluntary alumni events and activities following the completion of the program.